Child Developmental Medicine
We offer a detailed assessment according to the following fields:
- Developmental disorders (cognitive, language, motor, emotional)
- Behavioral difficulties (eg. ADHD)
- School problems
To initiate an assessment we need a referal from your pediatrician.
The assessment for a child from the age of Kindergarten onwards contains four appointments:
- detailed anamnestic talk with the parents only (60-90 minutes)
- first assessment with the child alone (2-3 hours)
- second assessment with the child alone (depending on the situatione 1-3 hours)
- detailed evaluational talk with the parents alone (90-120 minutes)
With smaller children the duration and amount of assessments can vary and parents usually accompany the child.
Sleep and cry assessment
Sleeping problems are common in babies and infants. Most problems are solved by time, in some situations however a detailed consultation can be helpful.
For sleep counseling, a special appointment and the completed sleep protocol over 14 days is needed. The consultation includes the detailed history, some information about normal sleep development and the specific counselling according to your child (duration 1-2 hours). Further consultations can be arranged.
The sleep protocol can be downloaded here Schlafprotokoll .